This is my capture, my catch-all, my idea stream. I write about what I’m thinking, jotting notes and ideas down and working through thoughts. Sometimes I post five times a day, sometimes I go a month without stumbling over here. I don’t expect you to follow, but I’m happy to let you listen in. This is my brain, at work, unfinished, unraveling.
If you want more organized ideas or content, I write a more formal blog on psychology and getting things done over at it starts with, and I edit a collection on urban thinking at the landscape urbanism website. My work is published in various places around the web and in print. If you want to know more about me, check out my about me page.
This is part of my brain. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for listening…
Things I Believe:
- “It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop.”
- "Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right."
- “Really great people make you feel that you, too, can become great.” ~ Mark Twain
- "You are what you love, not what loves you. That’s what I decided a long time ago. " - Donald Kaufmann on Adaptation to his brother Charlie.
- "It’s my conviction that slight shifts in imagination have more impact on living than major efforts at change…deep changes in life follow movements in imagination." - Thomas Moore
- "If you are lonely when you are alone, you are in bad company" - Sartre
- "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."-Leo Tolstoy
- "The truth is, creativity isn’t about wild talent as much as its about productivity. To find a few ideas that work, you need to try a lot that don’t. Its a pure numbers game." - Robert Sutton